VCSU Homecoming activities: Come join the fun!
Monday, Sept. 30
• 4:00 pm—31st Bill Osmon Fun Run/Walk (Practice Field)
• 6:00 pm— Minute to Win it! (Cafeteria)
• 8:00 pm—Get to Know Your Homecoming Court! (Vangstad Auditorium)
• 9:00 pm—Eric Dittelman, Mentalist (Vangstad Auditorium)
Tuesday, Oct. 1
• 11:30 am-12:30 pm—Family Feud sign-up (Student Center Hallway)
• 6:00-8:00 pm—Family Feud (Student Center Upper Lounge)
• 9:30 pm—Team Theme Bowling (Sky Lanes Bowling Alley)
Wednesday, Oct. 2
• 10:30 am-2:30 pm—Airbrush items (Student Center Hallway)
• 11:00 am-2:00 pm—Dippin` Dots (Student Center Hallway)
• 6:00-9:00 pm—Talent show practice (Vangstad Auditorium)
• 10:00 pm—Thrift Shop Dance (The Eagles)
Thursday, Oct. 3
• 11:00 am—L2L speaker- CL Lyndsay (Vangstad Auditorium)
• 12:00 noon-3:00 pm—Fish Bowl Decorating (Student Center Hallway)
• 7:30 pm—Coronation (Vangstad Auditorium)
• 8:00-8:30 pm—Improv Club (Vangstad Auditorium)
• 8:30-9:30 pm—Talent Show (Vangstad Auditorium)
Friday, Oct. 4
• 9:00 am-3:00 pm—Cash Cab (VCSU Campus)
• 1:30 pm—Rhoades Science Center Ribbon Cutting
• 7:00 pm—Viking Volleyball vs. Chargers (Graichen Gym)
• 9:30 pm—Scavenger Hunt and Campfire (Student Center Lawn)
• 10:00 pm—Monsters University (Foss Hall)
Saturday, Oct. 5th
• 11:00 am—Homecoming Parade (Central Avenue)
• 1:00 pm—Viking Football vs. Presentation College Saints (Shelly Ellig Field)
• 9:00 pm-12:45 am—Dance (Eagles Club)
The Valley City State University Alumni Association will celebrate Homecoming October 4 and 5, 2013. Activities will begin on Friday, October 4, with the Viking Hall of Fame Banquet and Induction ceremony, to be held at the VCSU Student Center Cafeteria beginning with a social at 5:00 p.m. and dinner at 6:00 p.m. The 2013 inductees include the 1958 Football Team, the 1981 and 1982 Baseball Teams, Robert (Bob) Maresh, Brent Lick and Terry Corwin. Tickets for the Hall of Fame banquet are available by calling the VCSU Fieldhouse 845-7161. Tickets must be purchased by Friday, September 27.
On Saturday morning, the Alumni Honors Breakfast will be held at the VCSU Student Center beginning at 9:00 a.m. The Honors Breakfast provides the VCSU Alumni Association with an opportunity to present fellow alumni with the Certificate of Merit and Alumni Service awards.
Eight alumni will be honored with the Certificate of Merit award. The Certificate of Merit award was adopted by the VCSU Alumni Association to recognize alumni for accomplishments, service or other noteworthy honors. This year’s recipients include James Jeske ’78, Matt Johnson ’94, Mel Klingenberg ’81, Lindsey Lesniewski ’01, Jason Lindgren ’92, Del Schwartz ’66, Edith Wagar ’86 and Amy Sinness ’03.
Don Bauer ’63 and Dean Pedersen will receive the Alumni Service Award. The Alumni Service Award was adopted to recognize alumni or university friends who have attained exceptional achievement in their careers and have made significant contributions to the university through dedicated service, promotion, financial support or other efforts. Tickets are $10 each and may be reserved by calling the VCSU Alumni Office at 701-845-7203 or emailing email@example.com.
Other activities on Saturday include the homecoming parade at 11:00 a.m., football game at 1:00 p.m. against Presentation College, and a postgame social held at the Valley City Country Club at 4:00 p.m.
Anyone needing more information can contact the VCSU Foundation and Alumni Office at 701-845-7403.