History

This Day In History – August 22, 1905

This Day In History – August 22, 1905

This Day In History – August 22, 1905 – Father Edward Geraghty was installed as pastor of St James Catholic Church. *** from the 125th Anniversary Calendar of Jamestown History *** From Wikipedia: By the early 20th century it became...

 

This Day In History – August 16, 1887

This Day In History – August 16, 1887

This Day In History – August 16, 1887 – Phil Bauer has decided  to rebuild his brewery that burned down the previous spring.    *** from the 125th Anniversary Calendar of Jamestown History *** . . From Oldbreweries.com : . . ....

 

This Day In History – August 8, 1883

This Day In History – August 8, 1883

This Day In History August 8, 1883  “The Stutsman County Courthouse opened with a dedication ball.  Opening a remarkable event” *** from the 125th Anniversary Calendar of Jamestown History *** . The Historic 1883 Stutsman County...

 

This Day in History – July 14, 1923

This Day in History – July 14, 1923

This Day In History, July 14, 1923 – Flying Circus comes to town. . . .  from the 125th Anniversary Calendar of Jamestown History.  Ad: The Tribune, Dillion MT. Photo: Minnesota Flyer. Federated Flyers Flying Circus opens at Fair Grounds...

 

This Day in History – July 8, 1907

This Day in History – July 8, 1907

This Day In History, July 8, 1907 – New Jamestown City Hall approved. . . .  from the 125th Anniversary Calendar of Jamestown History. . .  Photo from Stutsman County Museum . . .   City Auditor John G. Bensch authorized to advertise...

 

This Day in History – July 6, 1936

This Day in History – July 6, 1936

This Day In History, July 6, 1936 – Jamestown swelters under the heat wave of 1936. . . .  from the 125th Anniversary Calendar of Jamestown History.  Photo: Minnesota Historical Society – heat wave forced Midwesterners to sleep outside. City...

 

This Day in History – June 26, 1924

This Day in History – June 26, 1924

This Day In History, June 26, 1924 – Dinehart Garage is open for business. . . .  from the 125th Anniversary Calendar of Jamestown History. Photo: North Dakota State Archives. Dinehart garage on the corner of Sixth Ave North and Front Street...

 

This Day in History – June 24, 1885

This Day in History – June 24, 1885

This Day In History, June 24, 1885 – The Circus comes to Jamestown. . . .  from the 125th Anniversary Calendar of Jamestown History. A gala day in Jamestown and for the thousands of people of the streets for the Sells Brother Circus and...

 

This day in History – June 18, 1872

This day in History – June 18, 1872

This Day In History, June 18, 1872 – Fort Sykes Becomes Fort Cross. . . .  from the 125th Anniversary Calendar of Jamestown History & Fortwiki.com. Camp Sykes (Jamestown) officially becomes Fort Cross and is established by Special order...

 

This Day in History – June 17, 1944

This Day in History – June 17, 1944

This Day in History – June 17, 1944 – Roller skating to be held tonight at Franklin School Gymnasium. Free for those with skates . . . . From the 125th Anniversary Calendar of Jamestown History Photo – artist rendering of...

 
 
 
 

Search “CSiNewsNow.com”

Contact CSi News Now

Make Us Your Homepage

Click Here to Set Home Page