Wayne Byers Show Weekdays on CSi 2

CSi Weather…

 TONIGHT…PARTLY CLOUDY WITH SLIGHT CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS IN
THE EVENING…THEN MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS
AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE LOWER 60S. SOUTHEAST WINDS 5 TO
10 MPH. CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS 30 PERCENT.
.TUESDAY…MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS AROUND 90. SOUTHEAST WINDS 10 TO
15 MPH.
.TUESDAY NIGHT…MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS IN THE LOWER 60S. SOUTHEAST
WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH.
.WEDNESDAY…SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE MID 90S. SOUTHEAST WINDS 5 TO
15 MPH.
.WEDNESDAY NIGHT…PARTLY CLOUDY WITH A 20 PERCENT CHANCE OF
THUNDERSTORMS. LOWS IN THE LOWER 70S. SOUTH WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH.
.THURSDAY…MOSTLY SUNNY WITH A 20 PERCENT CHANCE OF
THUNDERSTORMS. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 80S.
.THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT…PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE LOWER 60S. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 80S.
.SATURDAY…MOSTLY SUNNY WITH SLIGHT CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 80S.
.SATURDAY NIGHT…PARTLY CLOUDY WITH A 20 PERCENT CHANCE OF
THUNDERSTORMS. LOWS IN THE UPPER 50S.
.SUNDAY THROUGH LABOR DAY…MOSTLY CLEAR. HIGHS AROUND 80. LOWS IN THE MID 50S.

 

 Jamestown, ND (KCSi-T.V. News) — The Jamestown City Council met in Special Session Monday afternoon (Aug 27, 2012) at City Hall. All members were present.

The City Council met relative to improvements to the new Titan Addition.

The Council was presented a map indicating the area that could potentially be served by the district.

The Council members approved a Resolution to proceed with the design and create Water and Sewer District #12-31 and #12-61.

The City Council also approved a Resolution to authorize the submission to the NDDOT for a Utility Occupancy Application… and Permit for those water and Sewer Districts.

The Council voted unanimously to approve all Resolutions.

At the September 4, 2012 Jamestown City Council meeting there will be a Public Hearing and Second Reading of an ordinance to annex all of Titan Addition excepting therefrom all that portion previously annexed as described in the City Resolution.

 Monday’s meeting was presented live on CSi Cable 67, followed by replays.

 

Jamestown, ND (KCSi-T.V. News) — The 2nd Act Community Theater in Jamestown is in rehearsals for the upcoming production of Neil Simons’ “The Odd Couple.”

The production consists of dinner theater, and a matinee.

On Monday’s (Aug 27, 2012) Wayne Byers Show on CSi Cable 2, theater group member Chris Sheppard said the production dates, at the newly remodeled Arts Center in Jamestown will be September 20, 21, and 22, 2012.

The dinner theater will be each evening starting with dinner at 6-p.m., and the play at 7-p.m.

That Saturday the 22nd there will be a matinee performance at 2-p.m.

Tickets for the dinner theater are $20 for Arts Center members and $25 for non-members.

The tickets for the Saturday matinee play-only performance are $7 for Arts Center members and $10 for non-members.

It’s suggested that tickets be ordered early, as past plays have been quickly sold out.

Also on our show Director Lori Dorr said, the leads in The Odd Couple are, Ben Rogers who plays Oscar Madison, and Reggie Von Beekum who plays Felix Unger.

On our show, Monday Bill Nybo, who plays Vinnie, a poker player said the cast of six men and two women are studying the roles which are similar to the charcters in the Neil Simon play, and television series of the same name.

 

FARGO, N.D. (AP) – Police are investigating a stabbing outside a
downtown Fargo bar.
     The stabbing happened about 10:30 p.m. Sunday when an argument escalated into a fight. One person was stabbed.
     Sgt. Jared Crane says the man was able to walk to a nearby
medical center. He is expected to survive but has “significant
injuries.”
     The suspect in the case reportedly fled the scene by car, but
police say they were able to locate the vehicle in Moorhead, Minn.
Fargo Lt. Joel Vettel says a search warrant has been executed at an
undisclosed location in Moorhead.

No arrests have been made.

 

 FARGO, N.D. (AP) – Attorneys for a Fargo man accused of
murdering his wife want a judge to suspend the case and commit him
to the State Hospital in Jamestown.
     Fifty-year-old Henry Deniger would remain at the State Hospital
until he regained competency or until he reached the end of the
maximum possible sentence for the alleged crime.

That could be a lifetime commitment for Deniger, who faces up to life in prison without parole if convicted of stabbing 52-year-old Kathye Deniger
to death in March.
     Prosecutor Reid Brady says he hasn’t decided whether to oppose
the defense motion, which comes after two psychological evaluations
of Deniger that have raised questions about his mental competency.
     A hearing on the motion is set for Wednesday.

 
     BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) – A North Dakota man accused of killing his
mother and stealing her car is scheduled to stand trial in
November.
     The trial of Dean Grenstiner is set for Nov. 27 to 30 and Dec. 3 to 7
at the Burleigh County Courthouse in front of South Central
District Judge David Reich.
     Grenstiner has pleaded not guilty to beating his mother to death
in her home last March.

Authorities say Grenstiner was living with his mother, Ann Grenstiner, for several weeks before she was killed.
     Grenstiner was also charged with stealing his mother’s car. He
was arrested in Moorhead, Minn., the day after his mother’s body
was discovered.
     Grenstiner is being held without bond at the Burleigh County
Detention Center.

 

 FARGO, N.D. (AP) – The chancellor of the North Dakota University
System says hundreds of freshmen on the campuses of the state’s two
largest universities this fall did not meet the standards for
automatic admission.
     Chancellor Ham Shirvani says about 7 percent of freshman at both
North Dakota State University and the University of North Dakota
had scores on the ACT college entrance exam that were below the
score required for automatic admission.
     Shirvani wants tougher college entrance standards.
     Officials from both universities say  they want to provide access to
education to as many students as possible, and they need the
flexibility to determine which students are likely to succeed in
college.

 

 MINOT, N.D. (AP) – Minot has received federal approval for its plan to spend federal disaster recovery grant money.
 
     The city is getting $68 million through Housing and Urban Development to help with the recovery from last summer’s historic Souris River flooding, which swamped more than 4,000 homes and businesses.
 
     City officials came up with a plan for using the money with the help of input from the public, and the city on Monday said HUD approved the details.

They include helping homeowners with repairs as well as other measures such as developing affordable housing and repairing infrastructure.
 
The city says a first round of voluntary property acquisitions could begin in late September or early October.

 

  FARGO, N.D. (AP) – Many small grains in North Dakota were
nearing harvest completion after a week where hot and dry
conditions sped up row crop maturity.
     The U.S. Department of Agriculture says in its weekly crop
report that harvest of barley, spring wheat and oats was
approaching 100 percent. Durum wheat was 81 percent harvested.
     The report says canola harvest increased 33 percentage points to
71 percent complete.
     Rain was limited to the central and northeastern parts of the
state. Topsoil moisture was rated 18 percent very short, 49 percent
short and 33 percent adequate.
     Hay cutting also was near completion. Pasture and range
conditions were rated 18 percent very poor, 32 percent poor, 33
percent fair and 17 percent good.

 

In sports…

GRAND FORKS, N.D. (AP) – University of North Dakota football
players are pleased with the new artificial turf in the Alerus
Center.
     The team practiced on the new field for the first time Sunday.
Defensive lineman Ross Brenneman says  the turf is easier on the knees, and
nicer to run on.

He says it will speed up the tempo of practices.

 UND earlier this year agreed to put $2 million toward the $3.8
million project at the city-owned arena where the football team
plays its home games.

UND opens the season against South Dakota Mines on Thursday
night.

 

In world and national news…

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) – Republicans have gaveled open their
convention in Tampa, Fla. — one that will culminate in the
nomination of Mitt Romney to be president.

Party Chairman Reince Priebus (ryns PREE’-bus) Monday banged the gavel on an abbreviated first-day session as the threat of Tropical Storm Isaac forced the GOP to cram four days of speeches and videos into three.

A smattering of delegates, including members of the Texas delegation,
attended the shortened session.

Plans call for vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan to deliver his speech on Wednesday and Romney to address the delegates on Thursday.
     
     NEW ORLEANS (AP) – Federal officials say the updated levees
around New Orleans are equipped to handle storms stronger than the
one that is approaching from the Gulf of Mexico.

The administration of the Federal Emergency Management Agency says it’s a “much more robust system” than the one that was in place when Hurricane
Katrina arrived seven years ago.

That was a powerful Category 5 storm.

Isaac isn’t even a hurricane at this point.
     
     TAMPA (AP) – Florida’s former Republican governor, Charlie
Crist, says he’ll be a speaker next week at the Democratic National
Convention in Charlotte, N.C.

Crist announced yesterday that he’s endorsing Obama. Republicans say it’s a case of political opportunism.

They point out that Crist has previously criticized Obama on issues including his health care overhaul.

Crist ran for the Senate as an independent in 2010 after losing the Republican
primary.
     
     WASHINGTON (AP) – The United States says more than 300 people were killed in fighting in the suburbs of the Syrian capital over the weekend.

Syrian opposition activists say as many as 600 people were killed by government forces in the Damascus suburb of Daraya.
A U.S. State Department spokeswoman says some 150 of the victims
had been killed in a single location.

She cited reports from human rights activists that some were killed point-blank “in the most brutal way at the hands of the regime.”
     
     NEW YORK (AP) – New York City Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly
is defending the decision of two officers to kill an armed gunman outside the Empire State Building, which led to nine bystanders being wounded.

Kelly Monday called the shooting appropriate since the officers had just been told Jeffrey Johnson had killed a former co-worker around the corner and Johnson was pointing his weapon at them.

Nine civilians suffered nonlife-threatening injuries caused by police bullets.

The patrolmen were placed on desk duty while prosecutors review their response.