FARGO, N.D. (AP) – Police say a man accused of making threatening phone calls to Sanford in Fargo had an earlier physical confrontation with security staff at the hospital.
Fifty-three-year-old Peter Rovang (ROE’-vang) of Moorhead, Minnesota, is charged with felony terrorizing.
Rovang identified himself in one call to the hospital on Friday and in another call told a Sanford operator he would blow up the facility if he wasn’t given the names of the security officers involved in the previous altercation.
The threats led to added security precautions at the hospital.
Rovang is scheduled to make his first court appearance Wednesday.
Previously…
argo, ND – Fargo Police Friday were investigating a security threat at Sanford Medical Center in downtown Fargo, stemming from the hospital receiving a threatening call Friday morning about 10:30-a.m..
The call warned of a “blast,” that would occur.
Police are working on identifying the caller. Lt. Joel Vettel, says it was not clear if the caller, was making a bomb threat.
Sanford Medical Center, President, Paul Richard says security presence Friday was beefed up at all Sanford campuses, but officials believe the threat was directed at the downtown campus specifically.
Officials limited access to the hospital to three points – a north side entrance, the west Broadway entrance into the Downtown Clinic, and the emergency room entrance.
Security was also screening individuals before they are allowed to enter any of the buildings in the downtown campus, including the Same Day Surgery Center.
Police are also stationed around the perimeter of the campus, with security personnel sweeping the hospital.
Increased security was expected to continue for at least a couple of hours.
Police say they will keep investigating until they’re sure the threat is completely gone.
Comments are closed
Sorry, but you cannot leave a comment for this post.